Saturday, October 29, 2005

I go all the way to Japan and promptly head to Chinatown!






So I go all the way to Japan and what's the first thing I see when I go on my first excursion? Chinatown!!!! Yokohama is about a half an hour train ride north of Atsugi and they have a large and very vibrant Chinatown. The place was packed with tourists (mostly Japanese) and very busy. Unfortunately it was raining most of the time and we got down there late in the day so I didn't have enough light for many of my pictures. We also ate a really nice Chinese dinner in this mall which had the largest food court/market I've ever seen in a mall. Food vendors and grocery store aisles kinda just ran into each other! I was just happy we could find a place to sit while we ate since they didn't have much space for tables. Other than that Yokohama is just like many other major cities. We only had time to explore just a little bit since the city is actually pretty large. It's the sister city of San Diego and they have an area which commerates that partnership somewhere that I hope to find at some point. Yokohama has both a baseball and football team which play at their main stadium. Their football team has a few games in November so we're going to try and see how good the Japanese are at playing American football. We walked right by the stadium and it looks really nice. We could actually see onto the field at one point and it looks like they have a nice setup in there; I look forward to seeing a game there at some point.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics, sounds like you're on your way to becoming a native! I've had my share of chinese food while I was in Beijing and now that I'm back ..dying for a good burger and salad. NTS (note to self) don't hit next on the tool bar of the blog site...I don't know where I ended up but it was a selection of pictures I didnt need to see!!! Ciao Becca

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home